Wednesday 8 April 2009

Carrying a torch for Love(craft)

We know it's been pretty quiet around here recently. We're sorry about that - as Matt says, it's all Daves's fault (and yes, the pluralisation there is correct).



We're as busy as Santa's favourite elf on Christmas Eve here at Moviestorm Towers, putting the final touches on Moviestorm version 1.1.5 as well as working on several forthcoming Content Packs. We've already teased you with footage from some early development code for the Pyro pack - remember the rain and the fireworks? - but Julian, Ben and Chris have just shown me some new developments, also coming in Pyro, which were so pretty I had to share them with you. Ready for some Lovecraftian exploration?



View the high-quality version at Moviestorm.co.uk


"And when tales fly thick in the grottoes of tritons, and conches in seaweed cities blow wild tunes learned from the Elder Ones, then great eager vapours flock to heaven laden with lore; and Kingsport, nestling uneasy on its lesser cliffs below that awesome hanging sentinel of rock, sees oceanward only a mystic whiteness, as if the cliff's rim were the rim of all earth, and the solemn bells of the buoys tolled free in the aether of faery."


P.S. It's been brought to my attention that I should probably issue a public apology for the dreadfully tortured pun-laden title of this post. I hereby do so, unreservedly.

5 comments:

Will Shetterly said...

That's gorgeous!

Totally off-topic: Moviestorm's default sound levels seem too loud to me. I know you can work around that by editing in a separate application, but if that's not on your enormous "to do" list, it should be. I think it slightly hurts this otherwise astonishing piece of moviemaking.

Now I'll watch it again, just because.

Kate Fosk said...

Oh that IS cool-Kate

Craig A. Rintoul said...

WOW! Love it!
C

Unknown said...

That looks brilliant! I'm positively excited :)

sisch said...

Whoa! I just have to say again what I say on nearly every post here... gimme, gimme, gimme! :p